Art has its own language. We are in contact with art every day: we listen to music, we watch movies, we read books, we appreciate paintings, sculptures and even structures. But how we see it is different for each one. So, its definition is different for all of us.
For me, art at all levels has played a very important role in my life but especially painting. Since I was a child I have been interested in the world of paintings. When I was 8 years old, my parents signed me up for drawing classes, but I didn't like it. The teacher was strict and you had to do the drawings as she said. I mean, she limited our creation process, at least mine. And the drawing is the opposite. It must be creative and innovative. It has to make you feel free and not as if you were following some type of rules.
When I started high school, my favourite subject was plastic arts. That was when I created my first self-portrait. Here you have a picture of it:
Also, I had some sketches. Here is one of them:
Since then, I became more interested in paintings. Every time I have had the opportunity, I have visited a museum. The last time I went to one was last summer in Copenhagen. It was called Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek. It barely had any paintings, but it had an impressive collection of sculptures. That was really amazing!
These days are being a little bit blue for me and for many people. Without being able to go outside, without seeing our relatives, without meeting our friends. But the paint makes me feel better. Here is some stuff I have recently painted during these days in quarantine:
I really couldn't define art. I guess it's about creating something without words, but that can speak for itself. But this is just an opinion about what art means to me and how it makes me feel.





Wow! I have to say that I really love your paintings. I agree with your idea about art, I also think that sometimes art teachers or the people who supposed help you to improve are most worried about influence on your art than in make you improve in your own style. To finish, I want to encourage you to keep painting and expressing yourself through your art because it’s something you can be proud of. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI'm abolutely in love with the lion painting. You're very talented! I wish I drew half as well as you do.
ReplyDeleteOh, Julia, you draw too well! I would love to draw like you do. I'm in love with the couple paainting, hopefully someday I can get some of your draws.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your reflections and your paintings and drawings, Julia – it seems like something you are good at and which is good for you! I wonder, when you are painting, do you find yourself totally absorbed in what you are doing? And if so, how does that make you feel?
ReplyDelete