If you ask me about my nationality, I`ll tell you I'm Spanish. However, I wasn't born here. So, where do I come from? Switzerland.
The most part of my family is Galician. But, when my sister was two years old, my parents decided to move away in order to work and my sister lived with my grandparents throughtout those years. Specifically, my mother and my father lived in a small village called Busswil bei Büren for nine years.
My father worked as a cook and my mother as a room service worker, both of them in the restaurant-hotel Rössli, located in Busswil. You can see it in this photo!
My sister Olalla always asked for a new baby and it was hard for her to convince our parents. Mainly, because she used to see them on holidays, even though they kept in touch by phone.
I was born in Switzerland in 1999 and it was in those days when my parents had to decide their future: come back with their Galician family or take my sister to Switzerland. When that happened, my sister was 12 years old, almost 13. She had all her friends here, so my parents came to the conclusion that it was better to return. So, I have lived in Ourense since I was three months old.
I always wanted to travel there, walk through all Busswil roads and to be introduce my parents' friends. This dream came true when my sister gave me three plane tickets to visit that place in my 18th birthday. If someone told me before that I could go to Switzerland, I'm sure I wouldn't believe it.
Our stay in this beautiful country lasted for ten days. We visited many places, like Bern, Lucerne, Lausanne, Zurich, Geneva, Interlaken, Thun... The only canton where I have never been is the Italian one. Here you have some photos of my trip.
Thanks to this trip, which was really significant for me, I could see my Swiss family and see up the country closely. I wish I could go again in winter to ski!
If you want to travel and you aren't sure about where you can go, I definitely recommend you Switzerland, a great place to enjoy and find out lovely landscapes!





I remember the day you told me you were born in Switzerland... I thought it was amazing! I understand that this trip has meant a lot to you. The photos are beautiful and in them, you seem very happy!
ReplyDeleteI also have family there, a sister of my father, so I hope someday I can visit her too!
I think that your history is amazing. And I can understand why this journey was so important for you.
ReplyDeleteThe landscape that you can see in the photos is incredible, i would like to visit this country in the future.
That must have been a great trip, being reunited with your roots like that. I thought the title of your post – “A divided heart” – was interesting: do you really think that one must be one or the other, Swiss or Spanish? Or is it possible to be something that embraces both parts?
ReplyDelete