Sunday, 19 April 2020

My own bet

I love music, during all my life I´ve been listening a lot of types of songs: rock, pop, fados, jazz...etc. But when I was 11 years old, I began listening only rap songs because a friend recommended me a very good songs. Artists like Zpu, Nach, Kase O or Eminem, made me a really lover of rap music.

Instead of this, since many years, my friends and me have organized rap battle events. In fact, we have created an organisation called HorusRap.


This name was created by a friend, and he explained that Horus is an egipcian god who represents the king of the heaven, the hunt and the war. For this reason, with this concept, we can represent the rap battles in our city like Horus reprensent the war. However, the most important cause of this name, is the beautiful logo that a friend made to us. 

For me, it´s a real job that I am really proud of it, because I´ve met a lot of good people who had supported us since at the beggining. Furthermore, we are the only organisation in Ourense!!





Our most important event was the "10° Horus Battle", a regional competition which came people from all cities of Galicia!! We had also an especial guest, called Kensuke, a famous competitor in Spain, who was part in many competitions in our countrie, like the national championship of Red Bull! This is the poster of our event!!


In addition to our events, sometimes we are invited to do some competions to another organisation of other cities, like Vigo, Lugo, Coruña, Marín, Santiago...etc. In addition to colaborate with another cities of Galicia, our idea is to have a possibilty to do rap battles in the rest of the places in Ourense, for example Verín, Maceda, Xinzo de Limia, Carballiño and Ribadavia. We have already met people from these villages and everybody want to enjoy it in these sites!!

I think that this is a really entertaining thing to watch. Moreover, to improvise improves the ingenuity and the cretivity. You have to think that while you want to answer to your opponent and to follow the rythm of the instrumental, you have to think the possible rhymes of the last word that you have thought!!
To sum up, I want to greet you for watching this entrance!! I hope that you want to see some of our battles and I invite you to try to see them!! You can see our channel here.



5 comments:

  1. I've been watching some of your events and, as I always tell you, I'm in love with your rap battles.
    I think that it's difficult to improvise but when I try it at home I always have a good time and it's true that when you improvise you improves your creativity.
    Anyway, I love your entrance and also love some artist that you made reference at the beginning. I hope to see you soon in other rap battle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are doing a good job to promote the rap battle in Ourense. Even during this lock down they are doing some things. I would like to go to a rap battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to this events a lot of times and they are really good! People are really nice and you have a good time. They are doing an incredible job with this battles, go on with them as soon as we can go out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a beautiful guy in brown sweatshirt in the first picture JAJAJA.
    Now for real, I also help Claudio on this events, and I have to say that we've work a lot to get where we are and we couldn't have made it without our friends, they support us a lot. Claudio worked so hard to make this real and we still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Claudio and company, for the rap battles initiative – I had never come across this urban wordplay scene before but I have just watched one of the videos and I see what you mean about the value of improvisation and creativity! Perhaps I’ll go and check it out one (post-Covid19) day:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.