I started to play handball in a nearby village, Porriño, and since them, my life has changed.
I started to love this game and love my teammates, my friends.
When I started, I was good at it, and I played for the province team being Galician champion with 10.
Since I started to play it, I started to watch handball games on TV and also went to watch it at live. I always went to Vigo to watch Octavio team, who played in first spanish league. This team is actually dissapeared.
![]() |
With Luc Abalo, one of the best players in handball history
|
![]() |
| Galician team |
![]() |
| Galician Champions |
I also played beach handball in summer with some Friends, we created a team and we were Galician Champion. This photo is a beautiful memory, it is taken in the moment after scoring a goal that would make us champions.
In my last year of lower categories, I also played with the first team in national league, it was an amazing experience because this year there were a lot of veterans players who had played in amazing teams, so I had the chance to learn from them. This year, we were runners-up in league so we played the playoffs to B league, it was amazing because I was a child and I was playing with the best.
The next year was difficult, veterans leaved the team and the it was in the hands of the youth, we lost games but we grow up like players. It was an amazing year for me, I scored a lot of goals and I was one of the top scorers in the league with 18. This summer, I received offers from another teams, so I decided to move to Ourense and play in Cañiza team. It was a very difficult decisión to me, because I love my teammates, but I needed it, I wanted to study outside.
I love my new team, I have a lot of new friends, and I love the fans, they are amazing, they never fail, even when we play in Canary Islands. I have been here for two years, two amazing years, growing as player, always with the aim of improving. We play in National league with a young team and we improve each day.







I saw you playing a handball match in Cañiza and I thought you were a very good player. Then I met you at a party the same day and what I was least hoping for is that we would be classmates.
ReplyDeleteI love handball!! I would like to see you in a match. When you want we play a match.
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling us all about your love for handball, Martin, and good luck with your professional career – I hope to see you play some day!
ReplyDelete