This
beautiful story began the 9th of November of 2019. When I arrive at
home, my brother, his girlfriend and a friend of us asked me if I wanted to
travel to New Yor City. Since that day we started to look for flights and
hotels. But, instead of what we thought, that was the easiest thing to do.
After we have bought the tickets and payed the hotel, we have to organize the
whole trip. To did that we spent a lot of nights visiting McDonald’s like our
office, also we spent many nights at home, planning our trip, it was very hard.
The day arrived; it was 4th of
February. They picked me up in Ourense during the evening and we started to
travel to Madrid, in love and company. We arrived at night and we take off
really nervous, excited and without sleeping to JFK airport.
When we
arrived at the hotel in Queens, we left our stuff and we went to the near metro
station in order to go to Manhattan Island. It was late and we could not see
any interesting thing, but we could try the most delicious slice of pizza of
our lives.
In order to
not made this so longer, I am going to summarise the most “interesting” things.
We visited
the Madison Square Garden, which was the stage of many events like basketball and
hockey on ice matches, boxing fights and live events as performances of very
famous artists.
That day
something spectacular happened, we had the pleasure of have a cup of tea with
the Queen of England… Unfortunately, she was made of wax because we were at
Madame Tussauds Museum.
When we
were visiting The Empire State Building and suddenly, we were attacked by King
Kong.
We froze
during our visit to the Statue of Liberty, but we enjoyed it very much and it
worth it.
We were able to take a ride around Central Park. I have to admit that it is huge and when we
finished, we were really tired. But, the views and the contrast between the
nature and the buildings were amazing.
When we
were going to Brooklyn Bridge to crossed it, my brother and me started to look
for restrooms inside the metro station and we had to went out. When we try to
entry again at the station, it was impossible and we lost the train. At that
moment, his girlfriend and our friend were in their road to the other side of
the river. Then, this way, we had to run through the bridge in order to meet with
our trip partners.
We were also able to visit a building made only by stairs, The Vessel, located at Hudson
Yards.
Another
funny and curious anecdote that happened to us was to meet Naked Cowboy. We were eating
something inside McDonald’s (almost the whole days we ate at a McDonald’s, we are guilty) and we saw him at walking at the street and we should get closer to saw
him. Although it was very cold, he did not matter.
As an
interesting fact, I leave you a sample of our healthy diet during our stay in
New York. Enjoy our performance of our Gregorian singing ;).
I hope that
you have enjoyed my particular summary of our travel to the Big Apple, although
I have shown you only a little. If you are planning to visit it, I recommend you
to be prepared to walk, to walk much more than in your whole lives.
Jokes apart,
I think that if you have the possibility of travel to NYC, you must do it at least
once in your lives, it has so much to offer us…
Here I say goodbye…
Well, we say goodbye to whole of you guys. Thanks for your time and your attention.













This guy made an entire blog post just to make us feel envious, shame on you "Diego Gabriel". Just kidding, keep traveling and showing us interesting places. Hope we make a trip toguether to an interesting place, you choose¡
ReplyDeleteWow, Diego, your trip looks amazing! New York is one of the places I look forward to the most and the adventures you have lived there are very interesting. I have laughed a lot with the queen's anecdote. When I saw the photo, I thought it was her, but then I read the text and I felt like a fool. I hope I can take a trip with you soon and be able to enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed this one!
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you had such a great time in New York, Diego, I love that place too! Congratulations too on the Gregorian chanting!!!!
ReplyDelete