Friday, 10 April 2020

The Big Apple


 When we say “the big apple” or “the city that never sleeps” we think of New York. Visiting New York City is a dream comes true for many people. When we imagine this city, we always think of all the films and TV series that this magical city has inspired. I was very lucky to visit this city in several occasions thought out my life, but my last visit two years ago was very special. Since I was very young when we last visited I didn’t remember it clearly, but the moment we arrived and I contemplated the city, I felt like I really was in a film. I wish I could describe what I felt at that moment because it´s incredible. Its lights, the skyscrapers, everywhere you looked you where capture by its magnitude. The “life” you felt the moment you step in this city captivated me for the beginning. It really is the city that never sleeps.

Night time in Manhattan



Another reason this trip was special was the opportunity of visiting my family, specially my cousins since I haven´t seen then in several years. I have the amazing luck of having a second home in a special place. Another special moment was being able to see where my mom lived and grew up, seeing her old building, the streets where she played, where she went to school, makes me understand why she loves this city so much.

My mom´s building located in 14 street Manhattan



My uncles took us to the state farm in Pennsylvania which was an amazing experience I felt like I was in Texas. There were country music, cowboys, pig races; I really had a great time in the fair.


The places which I love were The Village, Soho and Brooklyn specially crossing the Brooklyn Bridge, its streets, its shops and restaurants and its amazing pizza. All this makes me want to live in Brooklyn in the future. We don’t know what our future might bring us but I hope to accomplish this dream one day.

Soho



        







6 comments:

  1. What an incredible trip!I really like what you have said about this place and I would love to go some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hear you talk about how amazing your trip to New York was and how much you'd like to live there, I think you're convincing me to go together to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York has always been on my wish list because it’s a city that offers you thousands of possibilities. In these days I feel even more like going because I’m watching Gossip Girl. I hope someday I can visit it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go there too. Now, I'm watching the Friends serie that has been shooted in New York. Watching this serie and reading your post, my desire to go is increasing. And I have to say all your photos are awsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should be a travel which you never forget!! These photos motivate me to go to New York!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think you’re right, you are lucky to have a second home in NYC! I have visited several times too and always felt it was a special place and one where I felt very much at home!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.