Friday, 10 April 2020

My passion


I come to present my passion, basketball 🏀. I've been playing this sport since I was 5 years old and now, at 20, it's still my favorite and I never get tired of practising it.


It all started because my father played it when he was young and as a child I always played with him. When I was 5 years old my parents decided that, since I liked it so much, they should sign me up for the sport's extracurricular activity, and they did it.


The year I started I loved it, I knew that this sport was my thing and that I wanted to continue on this path. Since then, I've played on three different teams. My stage from 5 to 16 years I played in EDO Blanco Amor, from 17 to 19 in PabellĂłn Ourense and now, since two years ago, I play in Carmelitas Ourense. 





In summer, when I don't go on holiday somewhere, I spend my time throwing balls into a basket in my country house. I am always there for hours and hours every day, and I never get bored. With a basket and a ball I'm happy for the whole day. Hours can go by and I'm still as entertained as I was in the first minute. 


I have had to sacrifice many things to be able to play; parties, birthdays, celebrations... but all of it has been worth it because I love basketball. It's a way to stop thinking about everything else and clear my mind for a while. When I coach or play I don't think about anything else but that.


When something is part of your life for so long, it's already part of you, and that's what happens to me with basketball, which is part of me. I hope that my body will let me play for many more years and that, one way or another, it never leave my life. đź’™

7 comments:

  1. Teresa I really like your post! You should very proud of yourself for all your accomplishments and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post, Teresa! I see that basketball means a lot to you, and I am sure that if you keep pushing yourself like this, you will go far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, because I really understand what this sport means to you, Teresa. It happens the same to me with volleyball! What would it be of us without sports?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You enjoy playing basketball and I thnk it´s an incredible sensation. I hope that you can return to the baskteball pitch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basketball is also my favourite sport to play!! When we have a possibility to organize a match, I will beat you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading that, Teresa, especially the bit about how basketball helps you stop thinking and clear your mind – when we devote ourselves fully to any one thing, we enter into a kind of trance or flow state and I think that is really good for our overall well-being!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.