Sunday, 21 April 2019

SWITZERLAND AT EASTER

Hello everybody! At this time, I am at the airport waiting for my flight and thinking about what to tell you. Maybe the best topic is to talk about my Easter holidays in Switzerland because they end today.

I will start by giving you some tips that may be useful if you want to travel there in the future.

Firstly, Internet connection is not available unless you pay a specific card. In my case, I used my mobile phone only with Wi-Fi and, it was one of the best things could ever happen to me because I enjoyed my stay without worrying about messages or calls until I got home.
Also, they have another currency that is the Swiss franc, so you can exchange EUR to CHF or use your credit card to make payments.

The weather is changeable, you don't ever know if it is going to rain or sun. I recommend you to take a warm jacket and comfortable shoes.

And finally, delete or back up your files to free up space because you will need it to immortalize what your eyes see.

Thus, I travelled to Switzerland to visit family who is living there. I arrived at Geneva airport and, I got around using public transportation (tram and bus). Jet d´Eau, a large fountain situated in Lake Geneva, and St. Peter´s Cathedral were some of my favourite monuments there. From the towers of St. Peter´s Cathedral I could get a 360º view of the entire Geneva and its Lake.
Views from St. Peter´s Cathedral (Geneva)

I also visited Lausanne where I appreciated similarities with the steeps streets of Vigo, Montreux, and Vevey. These three cities and Geneva are on the shores of Lake Geneva so, they have stunning panoramic views.


Lausanne- French speaking area

Lake views from Montreux
The Giant Fork, Vevey
Another day, I travelled to Lucerne and Lugano by train. I had to catch different trains and, I experienced a variety of languages in Switzerland. Depending on the train, people were speaking in French, German or Italian.


Lucerne-German speaking area 
Lugano- Italian speaking area

I tasted some typical dishes such as gratin with potatoes, onions and cheese, meat fondue, raclette, and rösti.

Furthermore, I cannot forget Swiss chocolate. It is worldwide known for its high quality and going to Switzerland at Easter is synonymous of eating a chocolate rabbit (at least).

Lapins de Pâques (Easter rabbits)

In conclusion, these holidays have helped me to be more grateful with everything I have, to open my mind in different ways and to want to learn new languages to increase my social circle.

And now I have to say goodbye because the pilot just announced that the plane is about to take off. Thanks for reading my publication. I hope it was helpful and entertaining. See you!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting travel and I have to confess that I'm envious of those beautiful pics, especially the photo of Montreaux where my favourite rock star, Freddie Mercury, spent the last days of his life, recording Queen´s last songs.

    I wish I could one day do the same trip and know Switzerland. Congratulations for your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that you could travel and visit your family in your trip to Switzerland. The places that you visited are very beautiful. It is very interesting the variety of languages in this country. It gives you the chance to learn a bit of several languages in one trip. I wish one day I can visit this country because of the views, the diversity of languages and the chocolate too. I’ll keep in mind your advices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing your pictures and I think the landscapes are really nice.I am sure that you have good memories of this place. I would like to travel there in the future with my aunt who lived in Swissland for a long time.You talk about some typical dishes. I tasted one of them, the meat foundue, it was very tasty but no more than Swiss chocolate.By the way, thanks for the chocolate eggs, they were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing trip! I'm jealous that you visited the statue of Freddie Mercury in Montreux. I hope you didn't eat much with that huge fork, because I don't want to imagine the size of the plate! I wish you enjoyed it, but the next time you go to Montreux, you take me with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's an amazing trip Erika, I really like the photos that you took and the big amount of information about this beautiful country. I wasn't interested in visiting this country but now I will reconsider it after reading this comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only want to know if you have met somebody in the airport or in the plane, as you did in other trips! (Just joking! :D). You are very lucky for having the opportunity to travel in Easter.M aybe one day I could go to Switzerland and visit some places you aforementioned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I imagine this was a FANTASTIC trip for you Érika!! It seems like Switzerland has a lot of history on its streets. I am very jealous of you so, next time please take me with you!!
    And by the way, how was the chocolate?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.