Sunday, 28 April 2019

WHERE DO I COME FROM?


The summer of 2016 I knew where I came from. I was born in Switzerland and I have family there. So, I have been in Switzerland several times visiting my family. But, I was born in the French part and they live in the Swiss part. That's why I didn't know where I come from.

I went on this trip with my parents and my brother and they showed me where I'd lived for two years. Besides, they also brought me where they used to work and it was amazing.

On the one hand, the strangest thing was when we visited my parent's friends and they all knew me and told me a lot of things about myself. They told me stories like "When you were born we made a big party to celebrate your birth" or "I gave you your first sleigh and you loved it". They were so nice talking to me as they knew me but I didn't know them. They were completely strangers to me. 
Here, you can see the landscape that we used to see every day. This is Le Valais, in particular, Les Collons.




On the other hand, I think that it is very important to know where we come from. A lot of people was living in other countries when they were young and they haven't visited their country of birth. I think it is a pity because it is very beautiful to see where you were living, where you went to play, where you went to school,etc.

I was very happy with this trip and I would recommend doing it. If you were born in Galicia or Spain and you don't have a different country of birth, I also recommend visiting Switzerland. :)
Why?Because Switzerland has amazing landscapes and you can do a lot of tracks in the mountains if you like walking, and if you don't , you can use the cable car. 




In this country the people is very polite and there you will know a different way of living. They have a different timetable from ours. And, at las, but not least, the food. I love their food and their chocolate! I recommend Cervelat, Fleischkäse, Landjäger and spätzli. And if you like cheese, Raclett, Fondue and Käseschnitte.


Finally, if you can, I suggest visiting this country on the first of August, it's the national day and everything is decorated. Moreover, you can see the fireworks and it is amazing. 
Thanks for reading my publication. See you!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra!Switzerland it´s a beautiful place and I would enjoy to taste Raclett cheese and all the types of chocolates because I love cheese and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ángela, if you love chocolate and cheese this is your place! I recommend you going in August! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandra, all that you said was very interesting and I hope to go to Switzerland some day. It seems very beautiful and interesting. Maybe, in the future, we can go together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.