Reading
comics is one of the things I like to do most. I have a large collection of
them that is gradually enlarging, with tome and staple comics. Staple comics
are comics that come out on a monthly, bi-monthly or annual basis. Tome
comics are compilations of staple comics, which usually deal with a story
around four, five or six numbers. They can come out in hardcover or softcover
format.
I like
all kinds of comics, whether they are science fiction, superheroes, humour, etc.,
but I especially like those of superheroes. Since I was little I have loved them
because I have never had too many friends and in them I could find a world
where I could escape, be someone else and live unique experiences.
As I
have been growing and rereading my old comics, I have been evolving with them
and maturing in a special way. Even if they say that comics are children's
things, it's something I don’t agree with. Many of the stories that comics
deal with, and especially those of the 80s and 90s, are black stories, I mean
they are stories with a deep and obscure meaning, especially DC’s comics
and in and, in particular, the stories of Green Arrow or Batman, since they
deal with current issues at that time, such as the flirtation of young people
with drugs or death. In the comics of Batman, Batman, several times, has had to
face the death of several of his most beloved people, such as the brutal murder
of Jason Todd, one of the Robin, by the Joker, or see how the Joker violates
and paralyzes Batgirl and takes pictures of him and then kidnaps Commissioner
Gordon (Batgirl's father) and tortures him by showing him the pictures.
My
collection of comics it has helped me overcome bad moments and discover special
and unique worlds and that's why it's one of the things I like the most.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMany times that I see you, you have a comic in your hands and it reminds me of my father, he likes reading comics too. I think combining pictures and text on the same page is labourious and they can be used to treat taboo subjects, among other things. Thank you for your publication!!
ReplyDeleteNice comment Víctor, as I can see you really like DC comics and I agree with you when you say that they have a deep and obscure meaning, however, I consider that Marvel comics are better in this aspect so I recommend to read some of these!
ReplyDeleteHello Javi. Thanks for comment, but I must say that I know Marvel Comics very well and I could talk a lot about them, being Tony Stark's Iron Man my favorite character in comics. In this case I speak of the harshness of DC, because at that time it was a much darker publishing house than Marvel. Greetings pal.
DeleteThis was really interesting, I think I´ve never read a comic but I will do it some day for sure!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very nice post Victor! It makes me want to start Reading comics! The thing is, I am an eager lover of superheroes, but I've never read any comics even though some of my friends do. I also know a little (very little) of the stories you're talknig about Barbara, Jason or Gordon, and I would like to learn about it more. So, my question is, could you recommend me any comic for someone new in this subject? Thank you!
ReplyDelete