In my opinion it is a interesting question but the answers are very different.
When you speak with filmakers they said you that "There is a generation of adult people, between forty and seventy, that go to cinema but the next generations don´t do it". It is similar as the missing of the paper newspaper, none young people buy it in the kiosk because all of them have the news in their phone.
These filmakers add that their productions can´t compete with Netflix because "We can´t do anything if Netflix costs six euros and you can share it among three families".
For example, Steven Spielberg said "I want that the people find their entertaiment in any way that they want: big screen, small screen, … the most important thing is the big stories and all of us should have access to them". In addition, he added " Nevertheless, I think that the people need to have the oportunity to leave their safe lifes and go to a place where they can sit with other people to share crying, laughter, …"

In my opinion, Netflix is more confortable than going to the cinema but we, as a teachers and citizens, should encourage our pupils and friends to go to the cinema and share social experiences that you, alone in your home, can´t reach.



I agree with you, we as teachers must inculcate the children that they go to the cinema and that they socialize. Also, as a personal opinion, I have to add that I always liked the cinema more, its atmosphere ...
ReplyDeleteIt is a good question Jonathan but I think that you can also share social experiences if you are watching a film on Netflix because you can watch it with your friends, with your parents or with your girlfriend or boyfriend. Also, if you are alone, maybe you can't share these experiences while you are watching a film, but you can share them the next day or another day.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I think it is an interesting matter of debate.
I had never asked myself this and it´s a very interesting question. In my opinion I prefer Netflix because is cheeper and you can see the films or series at all the times, although cinema will always be culture.
ReplyDeleteIt's a very good question, dear Jonathan, but I think the cinema must modernize. netflix has entered very strong in the society and that is something undeniable and something very difficult against what to fight.
ReplyDelete