Budapest is a big city, which is divided in two parts by the Danube River. Both parts are connected by bridges as Margaret Bridge, Elisabeth Bridge or the most famous one, The Chain Bridge.
One side of this city is called Buda, where you can find the Buda Castle, Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church. This part is located on a high hill. If you want to go to this point of the city, you should take some type of transport or prepare yourself to walk a long way up. However, it is worth it, because the monuments and the views are absolutely amazing.


And the other side of the river is called Pest. There, you can find really nice places too; like the Parliament, St. Stephen's Basilica or The Central Market Hall. We visited all of them and they were lovely, but I was quite sad because one thing we couldn’t see was the opera, which was being repaired at the moment. Pest is huge. Therefore, we took the subway line (which is one of the oldest lines of the world) when we visited the Heroe’s Square and the Vajdahunyad Castle. The Szechenyi bath is next to these places, so the day we were there, we decided to spend the afternoon in the baths. This thermal bath has more or less 20 pools, three outdoor pools and the rest of them indoor pools. It is a great place to relax after a long day of sightseeing.


We wanted to know more things about their culture and the history of the city, so we went to a free tour in our second day there. Our guide was a Hungarian woman and she taught us some words in Hungarian, explained us some typical Hungarian dishes and showed us several places in the city. One of the most interesting things for me was that Budapest doesn’t have any skyscrapers. The Parliament and St. Stephen's Basilica are the tallest buildings of the city because they represent the government and the religion. Nothing can be more important than these institutions.
I totally recommend you to visit Budapest if you have the opportunity. It is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve seen.
By one hand, the photos are really beautiful and it is really fun to know the name of the two parts of the city in which it is divided because they are really simple.
ReplyDeleteBy the other hand, it is curious the reason of why the city of Budapest doesn´t have any skyscrapers.
Nice trip and I hope I could take it in the future because I love travelling and know different places and cultures.
Wow, Olga, I think you have been so lucky to be there. The buildings are very beautiful and the culture seems to be very interesting.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, I'm in love with the baths because after I read your post I have searched a few pictures of them and they are incredible.
I think that all the students should go to these baths after the exams to relax.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis trip was amazing, I think the best in our adventure. This city is really nice but, in the photos, doesn´t appreciate its real beauty. My favourite place is the Parliament, it is really nice. Also, Szechenyi baths are incredible, we relaxed and had fun with Spanish people in the pools. I hope we will do new trips soon!!
ReplyDelete