Hi
guys!! I would like to share my Erasmus experience with you. Besides,I’ll tell you some useful information that is
important to know it, if you’d like to live the same experience.
This
adventure started nine months ago, when I arrived to Torun last October.I lived there with Olga and Brais for five months.
Torun,
is a medieval Polish city where a famous astronomer,
Nicolas Copernicus, was born. People are very proud of him there .For this reason,
a lot of shops and places are called with his
name. Furthermore, Torun is very
touristic because there are incredible churches,
many monuments in old town and boating in Vistula River.The most famous souvenir is Ginger bread, a biscuit with different shapes.
many monuments in old town and boating in Vistula River.The most famous souvenir is Ginger bread, a biscuit with different shapes.
If
you travel or go on Erasmus to Poland, it is important to know some important curiosities about this country: Polish people are very quiet and serious, when meeting someone, they
shake hands, they don´t like kisses on the cheek. In the hotels and houses they
use blinds instead of shutters. They don´t eat bread with their meals. Also,
they usually drink soda water with ice and lemon all year long.The timetable,is different from Spain, the shops close at 6 p.m and the restaurant close at
8 p.m.
The
weather is very cold and it snows a lot because most of the days the
temperature was under 0
degrees.While I was living there, the lowest
temperature was -12ºC.However, the thermometer
reached - 41 degrees in the nineteen forty .
Many
people asked me if the lessons at university were difficult.In my opinion the
lessons were easy because the teachers spoke English very clearly.The lessons with the kids were the best thing at University because
we taught Spanish and ours costums.
When
I didn´t have lessons I used to travel with my
friends to different countries such as Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary and of
course Poland. I really liked all of them because each travel was different, but my favourite one was to Budapest.
In
my free time I used to meet with a lot of people from different parts of Spain and other countries
such Italy or Turkey. We went to the Karaoke and pub, I enjoyed spending a good time with all of them.
In conclusion, because of all of these
things, the Erasmus experience was the best adventure I’ve ever lived in my life. I would like to repeat it in
the future. I strongly recommend it to at all of you.


I really loved my experience in Torun too. I’m so happy that I could get to know more about their culture and to live on my own in another country. The weather sometimes was too cold like you’ve said. I didn’t even want to go out of my house some days. But the rest of this experience was absolutely incredible and it was great sharing it with you.
ReplyDeleteI still remember when we said goodbye 9 months ago. I am so happy for all the trips you made and the people you met but I have to admit that I missed you a lot:). On the other hand, with such a cold weather I don´t know how Polish are not more affectionate hahaha. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
ReplyDeleteAt the time I didn´t want to leave because I was afraid to feel alone ... now reading all the people´s experiences. I regret haven´t gone away. I think that leaving Erasmus brings an unforgettable experience.
ReplyDelete