Since I can remember, music has been a very important thing to me, one with a very deep meaning behind. I listen to music when I am feeling low or when I am feeling excited, also when I want to take something off my chest or when I want to share something special with friends. But, out of all this, music has also helped me to learn languages like English, French and even Italian in a fun dynamic way.
Music is so helpful if you want to learn a new language through it, because it gives you a sense of amusement and fun while also helping you with the most difficult parts of learning another language. Even if you start with easy songs you can catch the basic structures of the new language very easily and almost effortlessly, while enjoying the rhythm and the sound of your favourite songs. Another advantage of using music to learn a new language is the new vocabulary that you can absorb without realising it, and that you can catch the pronunciation of a lot of words and phrases just by hearing them. In fact, and as an anecdote, I can tell you that when I was 12 years old (more or less) I used to have a strong dislike of the English language because of a bad teacher and what made me overcome that dislike was music, it (along books, movies and even comics) helped me see that the world outside classes was different, and that I could learn what they were trying to force in me, in a more authentic and entertaining way.
Finally, if you are interested in learning a language using music I would like to introduce you to an app called “Lyrics Training”, where you can learn various languages through songs while having in mind your language level and even the type of activity you prefer to do with a song.
So, if you like music and want to improve your English, give it a try!
I agree with you Cristina, music can really help you if you want to learn a new language and it is also a dynamic way of learning it.
ReplyDeleteCristina, I think that music is in fact really beneficial when we are learning a forge in language and that we, as future teachers, could think about different ways of teaching including music in our lessons, because it can help children to improve their abilities in an unconscious way, having fun and being motivated. Also, music can be goof for developing another skills like literacy, creativity,concentration, self-confidence, emotional sensitivity, social skills, teamwork, self-discipline and relaxation skills.
ReplyDelete