Dear readers,
I don't know about you, but, even if I don't seem like it, I'm really not one of those people who takes a lot of pictures... and that's something I'd like to change. As I become aware of it, I try to immortalise more moments in my life.
When I stop to think about it, I realise that it is not really something that involves a lot of effort or time and that it is thanks to photos and videos that we can remember and relive many moments that we have lived anywhere, in different circumstances and with different people.
Without further ado, here are some pictures of me in different places that I have visited in case you are attracted and encouraged to go. I hope you like them!
The Arc de Triomphe is one of the many emblematic Parisian geographical points I got to visit on my last high school trip, in June 2018. It was the first time I had travelled outside the Iberian Peninsula, my first time in France and also my first time by plane! The truth is, I still don't believe I've set foot in the city of love!
In addition, I also got to climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower, relax by boat on the Seine, appreciate the art of the Louvre Museum, stroll through the streets of Montmartre, walk along the Champs-Elysees, row along the canal of the Palace of Versailles, enter the Notre Dame Cathedral... In short, it was a dream come true! Hopefully I can go back there one day… and visit my French host family too!
On this occasion, the photographer was my godmother. My cousin and I went to spend a weekend with her in Vigo. Before reaching this little wooden house in the VigoZoo, we walked through the long central streets of the city, went shopping and sunbathed on Samil beach. When we got tired, my godmother proposed to take us to a surprise place and we couldn't refuse! Thus, I found this zoo a very beautiful and interesting place where I could get closer to animals I never imagined!
I took this image at Christmas 2018, in Puebla de Sanabria (Zamora). I went there with my parents and my brother after seeing on television that this place had been the winner of an award that allowed it to be adorned with many lights from a well-known brand of chocolates. It had caught my attention and was so impressive that I asked my parents to take me there. In addition, it was a charming and very cozy little town, although it was quite cold!
In this case, even though the day was cloudy, it was such a cool getaway that I couldn't get the smile off my face! If you live in Galicia, a corner of the Ribeira Sacra that you must visit one day is the Sil Canyon. Specifically, this day I decided to go with a friend of mine to the "Balcones de Madrid" (Parada de Sil). They really do have unbelievably spectacular views! Unquestionably breathtaking!!!
If you are a lover of nature and panoramic views, I also recommend the following stops: A Cova river beach, the walkways along the river Mao and the Augacaída Waterfall. In my opinion, one of the pleasures of life is watching the sunset... If you agree with me, you must know what we call in the Galician language the "bambán do solpor", the sunset swing, which is located in Nogueira de Ramuín (Ourense):
Above you can see one of my favourite photos of the sunset: the sun falling on one of the beaches of Benidorm, where I go on holiday every summer (since I was born); I almost know this city more than Ourense... So far, it is my favourite place in the world: the sea water is not cold, you can make friends from different places, it has multiple skyscrapers, you see a lot of tourists from all over the world...
As you can see, one of the things that I like the most and enjoy doing is travelling and visiting new places. Therefore, I am looking forward to summer so I can get in the car with my friends and family and not return until I discover many other destinations like the previous ones. Also, if this pandemic situation evolves in a positive way, I would love to be able to get on a plane again to fly to other continents!
I hope you liked my collection of images and fascinating places! If you want, write to me in the comments if you have been to any of them or if you would like to go. I'd be happy to hear other recommendations too!
"There are no photos of the best moments... because there is no time to take them!"







Wow!! I loved this post!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that taking photos is a good way to remember different moments, but in contrast to you I'm obsessed with taking photos and I have my phone full of memories. I often have to force myself for not take them because sometimes I forget to enjoy the moment.
I enjoyed reading about your trips because I visited some of them and I can't wait to travel again!
Hi, Miriam! After reading your post I have to say that I totally agree with you because photos are the best way to remember a person, an object or a place. And those memories bring you back to what you were thinking and feeling in that precise moment!
ReplyDeleteIt is always a pleasure to find another classmate who loves travelling as much as me! I went to several places you mentioned, for instance: Paris, Vigo and Sil Canyon, and they were absolutely awesome. You also talked about your first time by plane, how did you feel? Everytime I think of mine I end up very happy… I remember being so anxious but excited at the same time, I wanted to go sightseeing! It felt like a rollercoaster from the beginning to the end.
Besides, while I am writing your reply, I am more convinced that I should go to Benidorm because you described it as such a lovely place! If we could travel this summer, I would see you there.
I look forward to hearing from you. Kisses XX
I´m so glad to read a post like yours. What a wonderful recreation of the "traveller" concept.
ReplyDeleteI don´t know how is possible that my classmates visit all this different places, even foreign landscapes, but here you are, telling us the incredible experience of seeing the sunset since a beach or a mountain or a canyon.
Also I like your determination to share with us these parts of your life and the happiness and confidence that I can appreciate in your pictures.
I (we) need more posts like this!
Miriam, I loved your post because it reminded me of how much i love travelling and taking photos of memories, even if they come out bad.
ReplyDeleteI also liked a lot how you talked about all of these places because I've been to some of them which I would like to visit again and, also, other places I've never been to but I would like to in the future.
Thank you for sharing your experiences! It was really interesting!
Thanks for sharing, Miriam, and yes, let’s hope the pandemic relents and lets us get on the road again!
ReplyDelete