When I was at school and I played football with my friends, I always wanted to go to the goal to try to stop them from scoring a goal. That's when I started to fall in love with being a goalkeeper.
I always loved football and Real Madrid so when I was a kid my idol was Iker Casillas.
Because of all that, I decided to start playing football in the school team with my friends.
When I was finishing primary education, many of us began to play more seriously in our neighborhood team, in which we won some titles.
After a few years, many teams contacted me to sign me into their teams, which were much better than my neigborhood team because they played in the national league. So I decided on a team and I started playing with them.
At that time I think it was when I reached my highest level, I was playing well but I was not happy playing football, I felt like it was an obligation for me, I missed playing with my friends and I started getting bad marks at school because I didn't have enough time to study because of football. So I decided to go back to my neighborhood team.



Something that I like from goalkeepers is the idea of facing the ball. I HATE that sensation when someone shot with a energetic kick and throw the ball against me. I have fear of getting hit into my face and, later, have a nousebleed.
ReplyDeleteAbout your final, what a sad story of you give up your promising career.
It sounds like you made a wise decision in returning to playing for your neighbourhood team, Hugo - kudos👏🏻
ReplyDelete