As future teachers, we consider essential to use each of the
"skills" for the students to learn a language. We believe that is
necessary to know the four "skills":
For this reason, we have considered interview a primary school education teacher
to tell us her experience and complement our future as a teachers.
- Receptive skills:
- Listening: the ability to receive and interpret oral messages in the communication process. It’s the key to all effective communication.
- Reading: the ability to read text, process it and understand its meaning.
- Productive skills:
- Speaking: an interactive process of constructing meaning that involves producing and receiving and processing information.
- Writing: good writing skills allow you to communicate your message with clarity and an easier way to get a larger audience.
Our intervention is in preschool education, we especially focus
on the skills of listening and speaking, although we all work together.
There are different methodologies for teaching English in the classroom:
Communicative Approach, Community Language Learning, Silent Way, The Natural
Approach, but in this case, our interviewee use in their classrooms Total
Physical Response (TPR): The main teaching technique that uses TPR is the use
of the imperative, based on what the child hears when learning their native
language: mainly imperative orders.
It's important that teachers develop creative activities that allow us to motivate all the students.
It's important that teachers develop creative activities that allow us to motivate all the students.
I think that is a good idea to know how other teachers work. We could learn from them.
ReplyDeleteThis entry is very interesting. As teachers we have to know that a good english learning includes next skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing.
We can't forget the importance of motivate students through creative activities.
This entry shows how other teachers work and the type of method they employ in their classes. I think that this information can help me as a future teacher, so I think that it's a very interesting entry. In addition, I also consider that it's very important that teachers teach the four skills in school (writing, reading, speaking and listening), using for that creative activities. I hope, in my future, apply all the aspects that are included in this entry.
ReplyDeleteGood job girls!
I have to say that I don´t fully agree with the methology this teacher talks about.
ReplyDeleteI don´t mean it´s not important to teach the four skills, but I think that in pre and primary education we should focus on three of the skills: listening, speaking and reading. When students are very young they can´t even write or read, but most teachers follow a book, what for? It´s easier of course, but in any case you need to be flexible and adapt the book activities to the students´ needs and this not always happens. On the other hand, I think the school system is not prepared to teach only oral skills because most of the teachers only look for a final result. I hope, we can change this!
Good job my friends! I think that this post can teach us how to be a good english teacher. As you say, is very important to practise the four skills, but is more important to develop children motivation!
ReplyDeleteNoelia, Thais and Laura – thanks for this, I especially liked the idea of doing a video interview with a working teacher, and sharing that with your classmates. Well done☺
ReplyDelete