As future teachers we think that alternative therapies are a good choice to deal with physical, mental and cognitive issues in children. This kind of therapies look for the complete wellbeing of kids, in other words, it helps to keep body and mind healthy. In this case we will focus in the Hyppotherapy like a good alternative for autism kids.
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects development of the brain, particulary in areas of communication and social interaction. For that purpose, in our work
we will explain the meaning of hyppotherapy and which are it benefits.
The Hyppotherapy is a technique which uses horses to improve physical and psychological problems. We think that this method can be a good option to work with autistic kids because it produce benefits for them.
Here there are some positive aspects of working with this kind of therapy:
The Hyppotherapy is a technique which uses horses to improve physical and psychological problems. We think that this method can be a good option to work with autistic kids because it produce benefits for them.
Here there are some positive aspects of working with this kind of therapy:
- The horse's movements are similar to the humans, furthermore, it is good for their posture.
- Doing organizes activities provide a state of calm.
- Motivating experiences are ideal for learning and for generalization into everyday settings.
We will add a
presentation to show you the main points about this item. In it will appear a
video which will clarify our knows about hyppotherapy.
| Click here to watch the Prezi |
As I read in this post, the hyppotherapy is good for people who have physical and psychological problems, such as autism.
ReplyDeleteToday autism is a disorder present in our classrooms. Although previously I did not know this type of therapy, I think it is a good way to help people with this disorder. I find it very interesting. Good work
In my opinion this entry is very interesting because as teachers we have to know different ways of play if we have a child with problems in class. Nowadays, diversity is presenting in all schools so I am in favor of use alternatives techniques that are beneficial. I have heard before something about the hippotherapy, but with this entry my knowledge about this topic grew.
ReplyDeleteGood job girls!
Before reading this post I didn’t know what the hyppotherapy was, but it seems to me fascinating. I think that it is important for us, as future teachers, know different ways to work with pupils who have physical or psychological problems. So I believe this therapy is very useful and maybe it also could be used to treat disruptive behaviours.
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
Here, in Galicia we can find something similar to this therapy.
ReplyDeleteIt is a therapy with donkeys and it works with physical disabilities. Also, it helps on affective, cognitive and social areas of these people.
It is another proof which shows us that animals are always a complement and a good friend.
Here you have a link to the page of the donkeys therapy.
http://tiffotos.com/burro-terapia/asinoterapia.html
Thanks for your comment María! I didn´t Know that before read you.
DeleteThis theraphy is very similar to the Hyppotherapy, nonetheless I think that is more interesting because some donkeys are endangered, for example one typical Galician donkey called African wild.
To carry out this kind of therapies with this animals can be a way to try to save this donkeys.
I checked the page that you recommend. It has many photos of the place and the donkeys look very happy.I like so much the work that this organitations is doing.
Thanks!
Yes, Rocío, You´re right about this kind of donkey! I know because my uncle is a donkey´s lover. She was who talked to me about this.
ReplyDeleteI liked you like the page and the therapy, I also enjoy with your post. Good work!
Hi Nerea, Goretti and Rocio A. Interesting, I liked the blog entry as well as the Prezi and the video and think this sort of work is excellent for children in general and especially for children with learning difficulties, such as autism, as you argue. Also, as María Santa Cruz has pointed out, we have something similar in Galicia! Good work!
ReplyDeleteI found interesting this post because I didn't know what hyppotherapy was. I think it's a good way to attend with children because I think it's a fun method. I enjoyed reading this post and I think I will talk about hyppotherapy with my friends!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!