Sunday, 3 May 2020

My Erasmus Experience


Hi everyone!!

I´m going to talk you about my Erasmus in Rome.
Last year I had the greatest opportunity of my life, but unfortunately it was only one semester.
I went there on September 21st with a classmate and we went without an apartment. We wanted to look for one once there, to see where our university was and what the best places to live were. Thank god we did this before moving to Rome because we were looking for rooms in one of the worst places in Rome.
At first we didn´t find any apartment with at least two separate free bedrooms so for a month we had to share a room. We had 3 more people at home, two Italian boys and a Chinese girl. That month we didn´t spend a lot of time at home because we weren´t comfortable there, and one of the Italian guys was rude.
On October 13th someone very kind stole my phone in a club and for the record I wasnt drunk… so I have no pics of the beginning of this month:(
At the end of October we had to move to a new house which was a little bit further out but we were extremely grateful to find it.
Now we had our own private bedrooms each and we only shared the house with an Italian girl who was studying and working. She also spent most of the time at her boyfriend´s house.
Here is a pic of my room.




After all this drama finally we felt like home, we loved the neighbourhood, we had three supermarkets close by and the tram was only a minute walk away.
We loved our university and the teachers were too nice with us, we had to read a lot of books in Italian language which helped us to improve our Italian because we didn´t know any Italian.
We met a lot of friends from different countries but we made a group with Spanish people who now some of them are my best friends and I miss them so much.
Here I will present you some of them.





Rome is pure magic and I cant wait to go back as soon as possible. I will show you some of my favourite places.


And to close this post I am going to talk about the places we visited during this experience which are Firenze, Tívoli, Venice, Verona, Vienna, Bratislava, Stockholm and London.
I wish I could show you some videos I made but instead I can show you some photos of our trips hope you like it!!

































1 comment:

  1. Good to know you had such a great time in Italy, Raquel! I guess overcoming those initial difficulties was part and parcel of the experience and made the rest of it even better:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.