Hi everybody! This Sunday I'm going to talk to you about
my true passion: teaching.
Since I was a child, I already knew that I wanted to be a
teacher.
That is why four years ago when I had to choose what type
of studies to do, I knew that my future was linked to children.
Teach them but also learn from them.
This year has been a year of great personal growth.
After several years studying and striving to acquire concepts
that allow me to carry out the best possible teaching
performance, I was able to put all my knowledge into practice
through the practicum.
The practicum has been so far the best professional experience
I have had in my entire life.
I came to school eager to exploit my full potential and to learn
from my classmates and students. But I also came to school
with fears, fear of being wrong, of not doing my job well and
of realizing that what I thought was my passion wasn't really.
I wasn't wrong. What I always believed would be my passion,
it was. I enjoyed every minute and every second that I spent there.
Every day was a different day in which I put myself to the
test: new challenges and new difficulties that I successfully overcome.
The daily learning and especially the relationship between the students
and me made this experience a very enriching journey.
From the first moment, the relationship with the students was very close.
I became a very important support figure for them by helping and guiding
them throughout the process.
But what they don´t know is that they were a key piece in all this
professional and personal learning. Each of them knew how to reach
my heart in the most beautiful way possible: through innocence.
In all those months, we created an incredible bond becoming a
great family.
They will always be part of me. They are my first students and that is
never forgotten. I just hope that they keep the best memory they can
have of a teacher from me and that those twenty-four little angels
always have me in their hearts.
The message of your post is one the most relevant on an adult life. We must to spend a lot of hours working, almost every day at week and along many years of our life (even decades!), so, how can we survive this sempiternal situation with this laboral compromise? Loving the job we do.
ReplyDeleteFor that reason, I´m glad to read your experience and see another example of a person reaching the personal goal to stay happy.
Nice, Lucía, I enjoyed reading about your personal growth and your passion for teaching – keep that flame alive during the years and you will end up positively affecting the lives of tens of thousands of people!!!
ReplyDelete