Sunday, 9 May 2021

PRE-DIABETES

 

Since I was very young I have been too nervous, which led to me being diagnosed with nervous pre-diabetes at the age of 6.

It's true that compared to diabetes, it's much easier to manage because you just need to keep it under control, without any medication.


Well, when I have this uncontrolled blood sugar level, it is very difficult to carry out any kind of activity, whether physical or mental, the headache is horrendous, the vision is very limited and everything you see is blurred and the body is tired. The next day the head still hurts and therefore it is three times more difficult to study, as the level of concentration falls completely, so it’s more difficult to perform any kind of mental task.

 


I always carry a machine with me to check my blood sugar level, although over the years, I have learned to differentiate when it is a sugar high or a low, the symptoms are more or less the same, but when it is a low, my hand shakes a little, and when it is a high, I have a horrible pain in my left eye and it is difficult to speak, the only thing I want in those cases is sleep, and since I have no insulin to regulate my sugar level, I have to walk (which at those moments is impossible for me) and drink water. (One of the symptoms of high blood sugar is being extremely thirsty.)

When my blood sugar rises when I'm sleeping, it's more dangerous, because if I don't notice it, it can end badly.

This situation has happened to me only a few times considering that I have been like this since I was very young. When this happens, I have very strong nightmares, and I wake up with very dry lips, as if I had glue on them and I couldn't open them, and, as you can understand, I don't want to walk around the house at 4 a.m to lower my blood sugar level, but, as I said, I have no other options.


Having low blood sugar makes it easier to regulate it, as all I have to do is take glucose or sugar pills. (or drinking Aquarius, the love of my life when I'm not wearing glucose at this moment).

(I want to clarify that these are the symptoms that I have, each person is different and other people may have different symptoms than mine).

Over the years I have been able to control all that, but a year ago I have had a problem: THE PANDEMIC.

I am a person who needs to have a routine, who needs to have everything under control, and with the pandemic (and another series of problems) the cycle starts again.

So I have to learn to control all this again! may the force be with me!đź’Ş

 

2 comments:

  1. I feel so sad for your post. I hate this kind of stories =(
    When someone has the worst lucky and born with a predestinated disease, the fact that we can´t avoid them and we must to live the rest of our lifes facing this horror...
    I wish all this harmfull body problemas were eliminated in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I had never heard of this illness before and it certainly sounds difficult to deal with, especially during the pandemic, as you say. It seems to me that you are handling it in a mindful way, paying attention to sensations, emotions, thoughts…! If you are interested, here is an article about how mindfulness might help ease problems relating to diabetes: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5954593/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.