Wednesday, 19 May 2021

The meaning of ballet for me

 Hello everybody,


Taking advantage of this opportunity to talk about something that is significant for you, I have decided to do it about one of my passions, so today I am going to talk about ballet.


When I was little I was a very shy girl, it was difficult for me to interact with other children but the worst thing was to express my feelings. One day a friend of my mother recommended to my parents that they encourage me to try some extracurricular activity or some sport to express myself in some way and thus gain a little autonomy.


After a while one afternoon after school, my best friend's mother told me if that same afternoon I wanted to go with her to see a ballet festival in which my best friend danced and I excitedly said yes. At 8, Lourdes came to pick me up and I remember today as if it were yesterday the whole performance. I got home very happy and told my parents that I had a great time, I had liked it a lot and that I would like to try it.


The following week, my mother called the academy to find out and so they decided that I could go try a class whenever I wanted in my friend's grade and if I liked it I could officially start next year. And so it was, from that day on when I was 6 years old, ballet became an escape route for me. I remember that I started very nervous because I didn't know how to do anything, but that's the way it is at the beginning. At the end of this first class the teacher, Maite spoke with my parents and told them that she had been very surprised, that she really had qualities for dance and that she could tell that I liked her and made an effort.


Today and after so many years I continue to practice ballet where I was born, in Cangas. It really is a way for me to disconnect and vent when I need it, it is something that favored me positively and that I will continue to do as a hobby until I can. It has become a part of me.


3 comments:

  1. First Marta, then Eva, now you. Wow! Ballet seems to be the most satisfying extracurricular activity for girls, hahahaha!
    I always thought that kind of discipline was related with elitist families, people with a huge amount of money and children who were educated in internade, but with mi class I´ve learned ballet is able to be practise by everybody, common people and girls near to me, so the discover was enormous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story! I knew you did ballet but you had never told me why you started, I thank the blog for discovering new things about my friends. Ballet seems to me to be one of the most difficult dances that exist because of its delicacy, flexibility and dedication. Where you want, give me a class hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, Naiara, good work and lovely to see how important ballet has been for you! 

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.