Sunday, 22 April 2018

My Erasmus Experience


I'm going to talk about my experience as an Erasmus student in Warsaw, the capital of Poland and all my adventures in that cold and cloudy city.

My experience in this city is full of first times. It was my first time in an airplane and living in a flat without my parents too. Therefore, when someone ask me about my Erasmus I usually say that was an unforgettable adventure. Nevertheless, the first week was the worst because I felt very isolated, sad and without knowing anybody there. I was far away (3.000 km) from home and in a country with people who, in general, don't speak English or speak it poorly.

When the first day of class began, all the Spanish students made a group, trying to compensate the lack of family. Of course, we also talked with Turkish people who were the other half of the class but between Spanish everything was easier because of the language. However, we learned a lot of Turkish traditions and we broke stereotypes.

In a month all the Spanish group became like a family. With the free time we had thanks to the university schedule, we planned trips to discover places in Poland and also in another countries like Germany and Belgium.

And also we learned a lot of Polish culture, cuisine (Pierogi, my favourite dish that I highly recommend), history and a little bit of Polish.


I hope you find my experience interesting.

Do widzenia i dzięki za przeczytanie!! (Goodbye and thanks for reading)

3 comments:

  1. I liked reading your experience in Poland. I´ve never gone in an Erasmus program, but I understand that it can be a bit difficult at first. Anyway, I´m glad to see all the things your learnt there and that you got to know many people and you spent good moments with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place is so beautiful, I would never travel alone but Erasmus seems to have made you learn a lot.
    Start are always difficult and I'm glad that in the end everything went well and you learned Polish

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.