Saturday, 6 May 2017

Erasmus experience

In the first semester, I had been an Erasmus student in Warsaw, when I arrived in the country I was very surprised because I didn’t expect it as it was. The first week, while I was looking for a flat for rental, I stayed in a hostel with more Erasmus students, finally we found one. Luckily, our landlord spoke English, so we didn’t have any problem talking with her.
At the beginning, it was a bit strange as it was very far from Spain and the Polish people wasn’t very friendly with foreigners.
Few days after that, the first of October, the classes at University started, where I had to catch a tram to go there. In the class, we were all Erasmus students, Turkish and Spanish. I chose five subjects but later I decided to change two of them, because, they were taught in Polish, being so difficult. The teachers were very nice, and the coordinator solved all the problems quickly.
There was an association called ESN, which organized trips and other activities. One of these trips organized by them, was to Krakow, which I decided to go, enjoying very much the city and meeting many interesting people.

The weeks were passing and the weather was getting very cold. In November, we were at 0 degrees celsius or even less. In this month, my friends and I traveled to Wroclaw, a charming but small Polish town.



 At the end of November, we traveled to Berlin, which I loved it. After this trip, we went to Stockholm, a nice city too but very expensive.
In December it was snowy, so it was very cold. At the end of this month, I returned to Spain for Christmas.


After Christmas, I returned to Warsaw, when I got off the plane it was very cold, -14 degrees. In this month I didn’t travel, but my friends came to visit me.
Finally in February, I returned to Spain.

To sum up, I loved this experience and I recommend it to everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Cristina,
    I was in Poland too, but in other city called Sopot.
    I agree with you, Poland is very cold.
    It is fun to read other differents Erasmus experiences to compare your own experience.
    I recommend the same, Erasmus is a great experience to learn a lot about other cultures, other languages and to meet different people.
    See you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great experience, Cristina, I’m glad. Do you think the Erasmus year changed you as a person? And what would you say was the most important thing you learned during your time in Poland?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Erasmus experiencie with us, Cristina. I like your description and the landscapes of the photographies. Last year, I was admitted to go to Helsinky as an Erasmus studient too, but finally I decided not to go. In spite of being enthusiastic to be able to live and studing in that amazing city, I was afraid of living alone so far away fromm home.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I was happy to share this experience with you Cristina!! I hope someday we can repeat another trip like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am agree with you Cristina. I decided last year to go to Romania and it was an amazing experience for me. I think that people should
    go to enjoy this experience.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.