Throughout my life I have played many sports, such as football, swimming, kickboxing, athletics, canoeing and acrobatic gymnastics among others.
At the age of 14 I started my career in the world of refereeing. At the beginning I took it as a hobby, a way of not getting bored at weekends, but the truth is that I liked it more and more.
Refereeing has not only helped me to do sport and not get bored at weekends. I've made friends, I've gone out partying, I've travelled all over Galicia and it has made me improve as person. Best of all, I get paid for it.
In order to be promoted, not only do you have to take exams and physical tests, but also the way you referee is taken into account.
And the hardest thing of all is that you compete against people who also want to be promoted.
At the
moment I referee in the Preferente Galicia category and who knows if I'll be in
the Tercera División category next year, it will all depend on my desire and effort.



Oh! I can´t believe a huge number de referees exist in the university. It's not only you, in our class there a few more classmates who arbitrate on football (maybe on another sport as well).
ReplyDeleteAbout this sport, I know a very good example, a girl called Zulema González González. I know her because she went at the same highschool as me, and she was awarded by the University of Vigo in 2020.
Sounds good, Alberto, nice to see you have found a path that suits you personally and also pays – what more could you ask for?
ReplyDelete