Tuesday, 7 May 2019

The dance in my life

Since I was a child, I liked a lot of activities when I had free time after school: Roller skating, swimming, aerobics ... But since I was seven from now, I decided to practice dancing.
Practicing dance I had the best moments in my life and the worst too. I started dancing in Lalin in a little group who`s name is Máisquedanza, but now is a big group with 400 dancers between 4 and 60 years old. During the year, we practice one hour per week because all of us are students out of our town, on Fridays is the only chance that we can met. In every year we make 2 public dancings at the end of june with the end of the school course, except in my case because we participate in a few competitions.
Last weekend, in Lalín was presented the Stars Dance competition, organized by a dance company from Portugal. Máisquedanza presented 11 choreographies and 7 of them have won, also winning the prize for best school, best dancer kids, and revelation choreographer. The two choreographies that I presented with my group won two first prizes.
In Máisquedanza we practice modern dance: jazz, lyric, contemporary, fusion, hip-hop ... we don’t focus only in one of them, we try to play all of them. I know I'm not going to be a professional dancer, because to this can happen. I would have to leave Lalín and maybe Galicia to study in a dancing studio. So while I can, I will continue dancing for many years, because with the dance I have grown, it has helped me in bad times and has known how to thank me for the effort, the perseverance and the falls in each and every one of the actions I have had, which were not few in fifteen years that I have been practicing dancing.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, María! I find really amazing the way in which dance helps you in your life, as you say in the final part of the post. I'd like to see one of your competitions!! I think that maybe you could use your knowladge in dance in your future as teacher, your students would really enjoy it! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. María, I understand you a lot. For me dancing is very important also and I think that it is really helpful for your mind and body as the mayority of art activities. I admire that you keep going with dancing because I stopped when I started to work because I felt overwhelmed with the lack of time in my schedule and I miss it a lot. Lovely pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.