I will talk about my student exchange experience in a
little village called Hunstanton. I visited Hunstanton when I was 16 with my
classmates, I stayed there 3 months in a house with a family who lived there
and with a friend and classmate called Martín.
I remember that I have to get up very early for going
to the high school, in comparison with my spanish high school it was very
formal and modern, we had to spend 5 hours there but they were very enjoyable
because we adapted very well to the class. In the afternoon we usually went for
a walk in the town because there was not much to do or see. During our stay there we visited
some cities such as London or Cambridge, these cities socked me a lot for their
monuments and their expensive souvenir prices too.
Despite I was entertained and happy with my classmates
and my family, once a week a receive a visit of my big brother because he was
working in a close city called Stevenage, we usually picked the car for taking
photos in different places of the village or for visiting nearby villages.
However, my stay there has negative
points too, specially if we talk about food and weather. It was very hard to
adapt to food costumes because they tend to add mayonnaise to all kind of food,
something that for me is disgusting. Weather is another problem that we have experienced
in this country, raining is very common in October and November ant that harmed our experience in someway because it limited us for doing certain things.
In conclusion, I would recommend exchanges to everyone, specially if you go to a country where they use a language you want to learn because it's the best way to practise and to learn it.
![]() |
| Hunstant high school |

What an interesting experience, Javi! You could meet people, discover new places and be close to your brother at the same time! I would like to have gone to a student exchange when I was younger in the UK!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting experience, I wish I could have lived it too. It's always great to meet people from other cultures and it was also great that you could be close to your brother in a city and a country that you don't know, he can always help you with anything you need.
ReplyDeleteYour exchange experience sounds very interesting! I think that everybody should do something similar, at least, once in their life. I'd like to talk with you about this topic and ask you for some recomendations to my cousin, because she would like to do something similar to you.
ReplyDelete