According to Howard Gardner's theory, there are eight different type of intelligence, and they all are as much important as the previous one (logical-mathematical). I let you a video where you can see which are these intelligences:
Current researches on the brain, learning and human intelligences from a variety of disciplines has confirmed that multiple intelligences have several implications for education. So we have a big challenge as future teachers to make our children improve their education and become confident children, and I think this is a theory that can explain something that traditional education couldn't.
Students and teachers can become more skilled in these eight intelligences. This is possible, providing a planned cycle of experiences and opportunities that encourage every intelligence. We must create opportunities available to all children in the classroom. By expanding our vision of intelligence, and developing skills other than mathematics and reading, we open other limits by using other strengths of children, thus complementing their less developed areas.
What do you think about it? Let me know your opinion if you want in the comments. I hope you liked it!
I find this post really interesting. I think that if everyone learned a little bit more about multiple intelligences it would help us a lot to build the education that we aim to create. Not every kid is going to be a mathematical genius but that doesn't mean that he isn't a genius in his own way.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Ester!!! I loved it!