Wednesday, 14 March 2018

Choose your own way

 

Hi guys! Today I wanted to share with you one of the most recurrent thoughts that I´ve had lately. It is related with English but also with life in general. Let´s start with a flashback.

            I was in the school when I failed my first exam. It was an English exam. I started believing that it was my fault, maybe I wasn´t good with languages. Adults told me that I didn´t have to worry if English wasn´t my strong point, I will find one someday. I started High School wondering which would be my favourite subject, and English didn´t seemed an option for me. A few years later I started going to an English academy and little by little I improved and I realised that I loved it. It´s quite crazy that I ended up my High School going to England on a scholarship, one of the best experiences of my life.

            Right now I look back and realise that I never had anything to worry about. Children don´t know their own potential. Teachers have to show them that with effort they can be wherever they want. It doesn´t matter if you fail once, twice or twenty times, if you like it you have to try again.

            Currently I´m studying to be an English teacher, I´m really motivated but I know I still have to learn a lot of things, everyone has. Hopefully one day children will go to school and learn because they want, and not because they are obligated. Experimenting new things is the best way to know if you like them or not, but succeed isn´t going to happen in a blink, it´s made of hard work.

            This was my experience with English, if you want to leave in the comments something similar that happened to you, I´ll be really happy to read it. See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. I liked your post very mutch! I completely agree with you, the most important when you want something is to fight for it, it doesn't matter how many times you have to try to get it. A good teacher should teach the students not to give up when they find dificulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The twists and turns of life. I see some very interesant points in your post nazaret. That´s true, doesn´t matter if you fail 100 times, in fact, we should see the fail as an necessary part of the process, without fails probably wouldnt´be success.
    Expermienting new thing is also soooo key, we must find our passions and, as a teachers,we should offer new experiences to our students and when they find what they like we must emphasize that and focus on that. A life without passion is an empty life, is better to keep looking for your likes than to conform with something that doesn´t complete you as a human being.
    ~~Jose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Naza, maybe teachers have to learn to give the same opportunities to all the children because not all of them get the goals at the same time. We have to motivate them and encourage then because all of us can get everything we want. Thinking like that I suppose that you are going to be a really good teacher. Continue like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your post because often we forget how important is trying as times as it's necessary, so thank you for remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your post. With your way of thinking, I'm sure you will be a very good teacher. If you are able to transmit your thoughts to your pupila, you will help them so much.
    Congratulations Nazaret!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.