Tuesday, 3 May 2016

MINDFULNESS


Hello everybody!
We are the psychologists at the University of Massachusetts, and we want to share with you a method of relaxation useful for everyone, but especially for those who work with children.




The first thing we will do is explain to you the meaning of Mindfulness.
Mindfulness is an ability of the mind to be aware at any given time, the ability to focus on one thing (such as breathing) so relaxing our body and mind of things that worry us.



¿When is it good for us to practice this technique?

Mindfulness practice is really beneficial at any time, but especially beneficial when we notice that children are worried about something, for example before an exam or because of an argument with a friend.
It is also a good idea to practice mindfulness at the end of classes, in order that they return home with a calm mind.




How affect Mindfull in our mind?

Mindfulness is a way to regulate our own emotions and thinking reducing symptoms related to anxiety and depression. It´s use extended from clinical psychology to education and work.


The three central components in the practice of mindfulness is the intention, attention and attitude. It is based on the observation of inner experience and external. But equally important is the why and the how. The motivation to practice mindfulness seems to change with experience, ranging from self-regulation of one's thoughts and emotions to the self-liberation and development of compassion. Meditation requires contemplation of thoughts and emotions without interpreting, judging or evaluating them.

10 comments:

  1. I must say that this post is really important for me. I knew Mindfulness two years ago and from this moment, my mind changed.
    From my point of view, Mindfulness can help you in different ways. For example, when you fell stress, when you are sad or also when your daily routine.
    When you practice Mindfulness you can regulate your emotions and also you can reduce your stress.
    I have to say that I practiced Mindfulness with children and it was amazing. It wasn´t easy but it was good for them and also for me.
    When we finished to practice Mindfulness children were calm and they worked better than before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that mindfulness is useful for nervous people but in my opinion we don't have to abuse of this practice because it can overwhelm you. I say it because is my case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that mindfulness is useful for nervous people but in my opinion we don't have to abuse of this practice because it can overwhelm you. I say it because is my case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this topic . I think that mindfulness is a good tool to work in class. Often children are exposed to much stress ( homework , private lessons , exams ... ) and this tool helps us to rest your mind for a few minutes. I really like the

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that, Maruxa and Laura – I liked the videos you found! A couple of comments – please remember that, contrary to what you state at the beginning of your post, mindfulness is not specifically a “method of relaxation” (although we do sometimes relax, whilst doing it). Also I would have been interested to hear in your post a little about your own personal experience with mindfulness...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked this post because I think that mindfulness is an attractive activitie that can help to child to relax and feel more calm during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to my lastest experiences with mindfulness I am now convinced about how helpful it can be for adults and children. I am going to use it when I work as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally agree with that post, because sometimes the adults didn't notice that the kids nowadays are completly stress, so I think is important to practice mindfulness with them but sometimes the adults need it too, because nowadays the life it's really stressing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find this post so interesting, and, apart from this, I would also add the Heartfulness. If we practiced it, we could learn to be focused on the qualities of the heart such as empathy, kindness, tolerance… which are very important to face the emotional demands of our profession.
    If you want to have a look about Heartfulness, I found this on the Internet:
    http://en.heartfulness.org/


    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.