Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Being AuPair




Experiences from an au pair

Benefits of being an Au pair

When you are an au pair you can meet a lot of people and you can know about other places, customs or cultures. But the most important thing is learning a different language.
For example, if you want to learn English you can go to England, Ireland or U.S.A.


What do you have to do when you are an Au pair?
If you are an au pair you have to do a lot of things. We can show you a timetable and au pair duties from.

Time table
Working Week – 30- 35 Hours excluding babysitting and you would never be expected to do more than that even during holiday times. Morning schedule is 8.00am to 9.30 a.m.
This timetable is general hours of work during school times, however the boys sometimes have days off for odd reasons and therefore we might ask you to work different hours.

Au Pair Duties

·      You will tidy Kid’s bedrooms.
·      You will collect the children from school.
·      You will have to clean the house.
·      You will care children.
·      You will have to cook some food for all family.
·      Sometimes, you will have to baby sitting.



Money

It depends of the place and the family but normally they will pay you €100 per week.
Everybody thinks that it´s a lot of money but when you are living abroad you know that it´s not too much.

How can you find an Au pair Job?


The most convenient way to find a job is through websites that allow families. We can find a lot of websites that are free.
If you aren’t sure with these websites, there are a lot of companies where work with it. Here, they will help you with everything what you need.



Now, you can watch a video from a girl who was an Aupair.



Álvarez Alonso, Laura
Caíña Sobrado, Carla

  

11 comments:

  1. I find this topic very interesting and useful because if you want to learn english and live new experiences this is the best way.
    But in my opinion I wan't be able to do it because I would miss my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I have to say you that everybody thinks that they'll miss their family but when you're two or three days in a new place you think from different way. ;)

      Delete
  2. I find this topic very interesting and useful because if you want to learn english and live new experiences this is the best way.
    But in my opinion I wan't be able to do it because I would miss my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally agree with my classmate.
    I like this post very much because it's something different and a good oportunity for people who want to learn English and live new experiences.
    I think I will miss my family and friends too but if people are happy with this, maybe is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a lot this post, I have a friend who this year went to Ireland, she learned English a lot there, but she also says that it has their disadvantages and it is not easy because the family will take into his house a person who they do not know and this person will take care of their children and you don't know that family you will touch and if you will get on well with them.
    I think that it is a very good opportunity to learn and improve a language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carla and Laura, that was interesting. All in all, is being an au-pair something you would both recommend to your classmates? The young woman in the video mentions choosing a family with only one child – do you have any other recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I like the idea of being an Au Pair, but I'm always afraid of what I can find. I saw a video of the same girl saying that she was here, in Galicia, and her experience wasn't very good beacuse the family was "traditional". Any way, I am agree with my classmates' opinions, it is a very good way to learn a foreing language and to visit other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I absolutly love this post, it has been very helful for me. I also hope to live this experience soon, Thanks for all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always thought that it was an interesting idea because you can learn English, to visit new places and you earn money because you are working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always felt a lot of curiosity about having an Au- Pair experience in an English speaking country because I love travelling and I also love English of course, but the truth is that I know people that didn´t really have good experiences so if finally I decided to do it, I would have to be completely convinced...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this post a lot! It´s very interesting! If you want to improve your English or other language, the best option is this. You can practice it, visit other countries and know different cultures. I also would miss my family and friends but it´s a good idea for two or three months.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.