Sunday, 29 March 2020

MY WHOLE LIFE DEDICATED TO…



When I was a child I always went to the rhythmic gymnastics competition of my sister. I watched her from the grandstand of the pavilion. I couldn’t wait for my fourth birthday to come around because children had to be four years old to start gymnastic lessons. My first exhibition was in 2003 and it was an emotion-filled moment. That day we received a medal, MY FIRST MEDAL, and it was such an important medal for me that I put it aside in my bedroom. Today I still preserve it.


Seven years later I started to compete in National Champions. I was very nervous and confused because it was a high leap; I passed from training three hours a week to three hours a day. I thought I couldn’t be able to put up with that pressure. I was wrong; I trained very hard day to day and I won one Galician Championship after another for four years until I left my gymnast period. Even I represented Galicia Team in Scholar Age Championship during four years which Federation allow you compete.


I never believed I could get all of that and I’m very proud myself for my persistence and not only for my records. This is the thought that I will like to transmit to my gymnasts. At the age of sixteen I started the first course to become a trainer. I continued for two years more to obtain the national degree. . Today I’m rhythmic gymnastics coach and I’m training four groups at afternoons. There are many difficult times as a trainer but there are many happier ones that make up for all efforts. đź’Ş

5 comments:

  1. I loved your post Loreto! It´s a great example of perseverance and dedication! You should be very proud of your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m very happy you achieved your goals. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sport with many hours of dedication and devotion. You are a big example of hardworking person. Interesting and nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly an inspiring story. You show how hardwork and perseverance always give results, not only the medals, but the personal satisfaction and the pride of the ones you love.
    Thanks Loreto

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s impressive and inspiring, Loreto – thanks for sharing. It’s particularly heartening to see how you have decided to help children to follow in your footsteps by dedicating yourself to coaching them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.