My Erasmus to Bologna.
Last year I decided to go on an Erasmus to Bologna with two classmates who were also my friends.
We arrived to Bologna on 11thSeptember without any apartment to live because through internet was impossible to find one. We had booked an hotel for a week, but one week wasn´t enough. We had to spend 3 weeks in different hotels until, finally, we found our perfect apartment.
The hotel experience is the only bad memory I have from the Erasmus.
Now, I’m going to tell you a bit about Bologna.
Bologna is the capital and the largest city of the Emilia-Romagna Region in the North of Italy and it’s the seventh most populous city of this country.
The arcaded streets of the central part of the city, built on the old Roman town, still preserve a medieval aspect from typical Italian city. The characteristic of this city are two leaning towers and you can go up to one of them, `Torre degli Asinelli´ which has 498 steps.
Another thing to mention about Bologna is its University `Alma mater studiorum´ is the oldest university in continuous operation and it`s the most prestigious Italian university. Every year many Erasmus students choose Bologna to study, like me, because of its parties at night and its prestigious university.
In my opinion I really like this place with its streets are full of university students from very different countries, each one of them with a different culture from which you can enrich yourself knowing more about them despite of the language or customs.
About the language, I have to mention that I was almost always with Spanish people and we spoke in Spanish and I didn`t practice my Italian, although my exams were in Italian, so me and some of my friends had to sign up to Italian classes and we went two days a week, being able to finally pass our exams.


Lastly, another great thing about Bologna is that you can travel to places as beautiful as Florence, Venice, Verona, Milan…because they are very close, and you arrive in less than 3 hours by train or bus.
In addition to how close the Italian cities the airport of Bologna isn´t not expensive so I could travel to Poland and France.
In conclusion, I'm really happy with my experience and I totally recommend travelling or living in Bologna especially if you are student.

Wow!! What an adventure the first month! I also have a fanny anecdote about when I visited Bologna with my grandmother. The tour guide let us 30 minutes (more or less) to do whatever we wanted, so my granny and me decided to buy an ice-cream. Suddennly it was night and started to rain and we lost ourselves. Eventualy we found our way back, but it is such a fanny story to remember.
ReplyDeleteI really liked Bologna and I am happy you had a good time there!!
Yes! a great adventure but not too good at that time!!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that you lost because all the streets are similar,I was a few weeks with the gps around the streets, also that at the beginning I lived in different places.
Me too Ana!