Hello everybody!
Today I’m going to talk about my Erasmus experience
but focusing on what I´ve studied. Something that surprised me once I got the
scholarship for studying abroad was the language in which I would study. My
destiny was Ljubljana, the Capital of Slovenia, where I thought that the
lessons would be in Slovenian like in the rest of the degrees of the University.
I got sick just thinking about attending these lessons in Slovenian but luckily
for me and for my Erasmus classmates we would study in English. Now you will be
wondering how could it be, and it is very simple. The faculty of Education offers
a program with the possibility to study subjects in English exclusively for Erasmus
students. This program is called “European Primary Teacher Education” or
abbreviated “EPTE”, where we can choose between six or seven different
subjects. We also were able to study the English course with Slovenian students
thus having an intercultural class.
The subjects I chose were: EPTE Arts, where the
members of my group and I prepared a play about expressing feelings without
talking. EPTE Nature, this was an interesting subject, in which we went to the
zoo, we interacted with animals in the lessons and we also had a practice with
children in a school. EPTE Nutrition, in this subject we learnt a lot about
what we have to eat, what food is healthy and which is not, how people feed in
different parts of the world, etc. Otherwise I studied two subjects
specifically of English call English I-Language skills and English II-English pronunciation
for teacher. These subjects
were more focused in the studied of the language in its different aspects like
listening, speaking, reading and gramma.
Finally, I would like to send you a message to
encourage you to live this unforgettable adventure where you will make new friends;
you will travel all around Europe and of course learn new cultures.
Miguel Sanmartín González
Hello Miguel.
ReplyDeleteI want to ask you about your Erasmus organization because in my case it wasn't what i waas expecting. I went to Romania and my teachers didn't know how to speak in english, the classes where in romanian and people didn't make it easy to understand them. People from Slovenia, teachers and university organization were good in Slovenia?
Hello Rodrigo.
DeleteAs i said, in the faculty of education we have an special program called "European Primary Teacher Education" that allows the Erasmus to study some subjects in English. On the other hand i think that the university and especially some teachers tried to help the Erasmus in everything they could.
I hope that what i said answer your question.
best regards.
Miguel, your Erasmus semester seems to be an unforgettable experience. And the things you´re telling will encourage many people to go when they can.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had enjoyed the experiencie and you have learnt a lot of things of different cultures, and of course you have improved your english.
Hi Miguel, I liked your text and found it informative and useful for anyone who might be thinking about doing Erasmus in Slovenia. The only drawback is that you didn’t include any links, videos or photos so your entry isn’t as attractive as it could be... Having said that it is well thought out and expressed, so good work! Do you think the experience changed you? And if so, how?
ReplyDelete