Saturday, 25 March 2017

To study or not to study

Studing used to mean getting a job. Our parents told us studyind was a certain way to get a good job. It used to be that way. But thing have changed.

Nowadays, there are many people with degrees that can't find a job. Being qualified is not a synonim of having a good position in the working market. 




After ten years of crises we are paing the prize. There are generations of qualified people who have no secure job prospects.

When our grandparents were young, they had more posibilities to find a good job if they studied. But having acces to education was very difficult so many people were left out. Nowadays, is more accesible to people, economically and culturally, but the tables have turned. Finding a job doesn't depend on how qualified you are.

So, what can we do?


  • We can migrate not only to work but also to see the world.
  • We can become entrepreneurs.
  • We can change our lifestyle and live a simpler life.
Or...

Start a revolution in our minds!     :)

6 comments:

  1. It´s a pity! We have qualified people, but we don´t have opportunities in our country. Maybe we have to be the best to get a good job. If we can´t do it, we only have the option of migrating to another country.

    Hace a nice day!
    Xiana Barros Giráldez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it´s very difficult to find a job nowadays, even for the people who studied a lot. In spite of this, I hope the situation change in the future and we will be able to have a good work.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm agree with Tamara. I think that nowadays the future is uncertain for young people. I think that the first change begin in us, because we need to assert our rights as citizens and we're not doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Xiana. Nowadays most young people are very qualified but nobody give us the opportunity to show what we know and this is very dispiriting. For this reason our future isn´t in this country, we have to go to a place where people value us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This a good reflection, Nerea - we are certainly living in a fast-changing world in which the role of education probably needs to be reassessed, as you suggest. I think some links to videos or articles about this theme might have helped, but it’s a minor point. I am interested to know more about the “revolution in our minds” that you mention at the end. How might that look?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´m totally agree with Tamara. I hope that all of this unfortunatelly things finally change and we can get jobs that match what we are studying.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.